Logo

News & Events

This is our latest news.

Featured

Monthly Meeting – September 2019

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Josh Wells of Nottingham Trent University will speak to us about the project to control flooding in Southwell by managing land-use. Non-members are welcome to attend. Our AGM will take place on October 30th See our ‘volunteering’ page for details of workdays. Line Dancing Evening, with Cliff Hall. Friday 18th October, 7pm-11pm at the Village…

Read More

Monthly Meeting – January 2020

Thursday, November 28, 2019

The next meeting of the group will be on Wednesday 29th January at the Village Hall at 7:30pm. Ken Hamilton will be the guest speaker, to tell us about the Brinsley Headstocks project.

Read More

Monthly meeting – November 2019

Friday, November 8, 2019

The November 2019 meeting of the Friends will take place on the 27th at 7:30pm at The Village Hall, NG15 8FB. Emily Gillott of Nottinghamshire County Council Archaeology Service will discuss the history and archaeology of Rufford Abbey. Members and non-members welcome.

Read More

Latest News – June 2019

Friday, June 21, 2019

We are delighted to announce that we have been awarded a grant from Nottinghamshire County Council Local Improvement Scheme Capital Fund. The money will allow us to continue our footpath improvements in Papplewick Dam Wood. Work will start in the summer. The July meeting of the Friends of Moor Pond Woods will be a guided…

Read More

Monthly Meeting – May 2019

Friday, May 3, 2019

The next meeting of the friends group will be on Wednesday May 29th at 7:30pm at the Village Hall. Our speaker will be Keiran Lee from the Friends of Bennerley Viaduct.

Read More

Monthly meeting – February 2019

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Starting on 11th February the County Council will be undertaking safety-related tree works. This may involve path closures. Please follow the on-site advice displayed  at the entrances to the woods. Our next meeting will be on Wednesday 27th February at 7:30pm in the Village Hall, when Peter Hammond will be giving a talk ‘A load…

Read More

Monthly Meeting – January 2019

Sunday, December 2, 2018

We do not meet in December. Our next meeting will be on Wednesday 30th January, when our speaker will be Margaret Crittenden, talking about ‘Bryophytes and Liverworts – the smallest plants’

Read More

Monthly meeting – November 2018

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Our monthly meeting in November will be at the Village Hall on Wednesday 28th at 7.30pm. Our guest Speaker, Patrick Candler, will be talking about the work of Sherwood Forest Trust.  A warm welcome to members and non-members alike. This month we are also continuing our archaeological research with volunteer work-days planned on Thursday 22nd,…

Read More

Meetings – July 2018

Sunday, July 15, 2018

The July meeting will be on the evening of 25th. We are meeting at the Village Hall at 7.00pm for a walking tour of the project. It’s a chance to see new work and progress, and to find out about our plans for the future. New members welcome, please contact mpw@papplewick.org in advance to book…

Read More

Meetings – June 2018

Friday, June 1, 2018

The June meeting of the Friends will be the traditional skittles and barbeque evening. This is only open to members and guests, and must be booked in advance. Contact mpw@papplewick.org for details and bookings. Gedling Borough Heritage Festival takes place from June 16th until July 8th.  There will be a free guided tour of the…

Read More